Sure Recruitment Group Ltd are proud of our roots, we’re proud of the impact we have made in Scotland since opening in 2014, and we’re proud that these standards have enabled us offer the same service levels and ways of working to businesses and individuals in Northern Ireland.
We also like to think we’re pretty socially responsible, click here for details of some of the charities we’ve supported to date, and be assured that we’ve plenty more in the pipeline going forward.
With a client base covering a wide range of businesses, we offer every single customer the same guarantee – the very best standards of service available anywhere in Central Scotland or Northern Ireland!
And the same goes for people working with us, be they high level ‘professional’ managers being recruited for a unique permanent opportunity or a student wanting a few weeks temp work – we’ll treat everyone with respect, honesty and we’ll always aim to exceed their expectations.
Rather than bore you with more ‘how great we are’ details – we thought a timeline might be slightly easier on the eye…
- The launch of ‘Sure Recruitment (Scotland)’ with our first office in the East End of Glasgow, specifically located due to the excellent transport links in the area.
- We placed our first ever worker on Monday 16th June 2014 (thanks Graham!!)
- Our first contracts included supplying staff to the Commonwealth games at venues right across Glasgow
- Subsequently we were invited to cover the Ryder Cup in Gleneagles on the back of the service standards we offered to the events businesses we supplied in the Games.
- We signed up to the Ethical Trading Initiative
- We became Sedex registered
- We joined the Recruitment & Employment Confederation.
- We took on another office in the same building in Glasgow to cope with demand for our services.
- We placed our 10,000th worker towards the end of 2015!!
- We launched our Permanent Recruitment offering for Transport and Logistics professionals
- We launched dedicated divisions for ‘Trades & Labour’ and ‘Warehouse & Industrial’.
- We opened our 2nd office in Livingston to better service our clients at the Eastern end of the M8 corridor, including Edinburgh, Fife and the Lothians
- We launch our training division (that included free Drivers CPC training for existing drivers)
- We achieved our Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority accreditation
- We joined the Freight Transport Association.
- We took another office in Glasgow (in the same building) to improve our ability to meet customers demands.
- We placed our 50,000th worker in the middle of 2017!!
- Our ‘training division’ became a separate company ‘Sure Training (Scotland) Ltd’ and was accredited direct with Jaupt for delivery of our own DCPC courses for HGV & PCV drivers.
- We also starting offering other courses such as licence upgrades and ‘Lorry Loader’ courses via Sure Training (Scotland)
- In preparation for opening in Northern Ireland, ‘Sure Recruitment (Scotland)’ became ‘Sure Recruitment Group’ and ‘Sure Training (Scotland)’ became ‘Sure Training Group’.
- We opened our Belfast office in October.
- An updated Recruitment website was launched with more features for temporary and permanent workers and clients.
- We placed our 100,000th worker in the autumn of 2018!!
- Sure Training Group launched a new website with online course booking and ‘real time’ availability.
- We took on another office (our 4th in the building) in Glasgow, specifically for our payroll/ accounts department
- Sure Training moved into their own office in Glasgow (same building as Sure Rec).
- Sure Training trained their 1,000th individual, their 2,000th and their 3,000th individual in 2019 (it was a busy year).
2020 was certainly an interesting year..
- We quickly adapted our business processes to be’ COVID compliant, including having office staff working from home where possible and interviews being conducted remotely using ZOOM/ calls etc.
- Sure Training moved most of the courses ‘online’ during COVID and only starting running classroom based courses for ADR training towards the end of the year (with strict new COVID processes adhered to).
- Sure Training organised online Driver CPC courses 7 days a week (and still do) also offered a number of ‘new’ training products such as Transport Managers CPC and OLAT training.
- Our ability to react quickly to government and local requirements meant we won a number of new clients during ‘lockdown’ and were able to support some of the most ‘key’ sectors in the country during the crisis, including the supply chain for food, medicines and even the NHS.
- At the end of 2020 we were filling more vacancies than at any stage of any year – and all using ‘new’ processes which was a remarkable achievement by the office staff and a testament to the dedication and skills of our workers, who have kept the wheels of the country turning at all times (and the shelves stocked with toilet roll too).
- Indeed as we finished 2020 we were supplying a number of contracts in the North of England, complimenting our supply in Scotland and Northern Ireland. So who knows what 2021 will bring….